Sunday, April 28, 2013

Out of Thin Air

There are so many reasons I love my six year olds in Kindergarten. They LOVE school, they LOVE me…and they often say things that come completely out of thin air.

Last week we were sitting at my Reading Rug in the morning and I was talking about what we were going to be doing for the day. One of my (very shy) students raised his hand and I called on him.

E: "Sometimes I poop at my house."

I was stumped. How do you respond to that? I muffled a laugh and said, "Well, thanks for letting me know….AND on that note, I think it's time for a bathroom break."

Never a dull moment, I tell ya…

I think teachers should unite and write a coffee table book with stories from the trenches classroom! Not only would it be hilarious…it might also give non-educators some insight into what we do all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment