Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Earth is TEE-Rific!

How was your Earth Day? My kiddos got SO into it! And I loved their enthusiasm. I hope I'm making a difference in the way they think about our Earth…and more importantly, how they view their job - to help do their part!

We used some of my resources and some FREEBIES from TPT. My students did a great job brainstorming ideas about how we can "LOVE" the Earth! Compost pile!?!? Impressive!
I used THIS FREEBIE from Phyllis Sprangel on TPT and my students had a blast designing their own t-shirts! I attached a picture of their faces and we have them hanging in the hallway. Needless to say, we have had LOTS of compliments from teachers and students. (it may also be the silly faces some of my kiddos made). :)



Today I talked to my students about how things we recycle can be reused to create new things. That's a hard thing for 5/6 year olds to grasp. BUT - I brought along one of my son's favorite toys. It is made by a company called Green Toys. Have you heard of them? I'm obsessed! All of their products are made from recycled milk jugs, right here in the USA! They are amazing.


(I do not get paid to discuss my LOVE for Green Toys. I'm just a mom who appreciates one company's efforts to create great products and be Earth Friendly)

No comments:

Post a Comment